The following terms and conditions apply to all purchases through the website, www.aboutliving.co.uk only.
About Living highly respects the security of our customers personal data. We collect information for order updates and marketing purposes only. If customers agree to set up an account with us we hold information to make sure we are able to contact you about order queries and any outstanding balances than can prevail.
General Data Protection Regulation
Taking affect 25th May 2018, all data collected from About Living follows this rule. You have the right to be informed what information we hold, what data we process and what data can be removed from our database. If you would like to withdraw your consent from our mailing list or account holding, please contact us on 01355 227602 and we immediately remove anything that you wish. All our newsletters sent via email always have an "unsubscribe" button to ensure that you can update your preferences at any given time.
The content of the Website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights. Copyright extends to the design of the website, all photographs on it and its marketing materials. Any use of the website or its contents, images, design including copying, storing, modifying, reproducing other than for personal non-commercial use without prior written permission is strictly prohibited. For any queries please contact email@example.com.
You can cancel your order at any point up to time of dispatch (except for certain items, which are dispatched direct from the manufacturers). If you wish to cancel an order you must email or telephone the customer service team. If you wish to cancel an order for which you have chosen Express Delivery, this must be done before 10am the day following placing the order in order to allow us to cancel the order.
We hope that your order will be to your complete satisfaction. However if you change your mind we offer a 14 day money back guarantee for unwanted goods.
- If you have purchased an item within the last 14 days and are not happy with it, please contact our customer service team to inform us that you wish to return the item(s).
- To do this, return to your order in the "My account" section of the site. You can then fill in the form and request a return. Alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will need to return the item, unused, in its original packaging and in a resalable condition, to the returns address shown below enclosing your order confirmation and quoting the returns number you have been given.
- All goods should be returned to: About Living, 10 Carron Place, Kelvin Industrial Estate, East Kilbride, Glasgow G75 0YL.
- www.aboutliving.co.uk reserves the right to determine in each case whether the goods should be returned by you or simply made available for collection.
- Please note we will not be responsible for items lost in transit during return, even if the service is provided by our courier service. However, we will endeavour to claim on the customer's behalf if our courier is used. we recommend that you use a method of delivery that requires a signature when returning items to us for example, Royal Mail Special Delivery.
- Refunds are processed within 15 days by the original payment method. If the card used to make the original payment has expired, we will offer a selection payment methods as an alternative.
- Please note that due to health and safety and hygiene reasons, we are unable to accept returns of any earrings, toiletries, cosmetics and any product containing liquid such as diffusers.
- Please note that we have a separate returns policy for any items purchased in-store. Please contact one of our stores for guidance on the in-store returns policy.
Damaged or Missing Items
- If the goods supplied are damaged on the day of delivery, you have the right to reject the goods.
- Failure to report a damaged item or missing items within 7 days will invalidate your right to any refund or replacement.
- We will require you to explain clearly which item or items are damaged or missing and we will refund the price you paid for the goods, or arrange for replacement goods to be sent to you.
- If you order more than one item, and decide to keep one item, we will refund you a proportion of the delivery charge.
- Please note that on some occasions we will ask for photographic evidence to process your request.
- If your item is faulty or develops a fault soon after purchase, please contact us by email as soon as you notice the fault, and no later than 90 days after receipt of your goods. Since we have no way of knowing what treatment a product has received once it arrives with the customer, www.aboutliving.co.uk will not accept responsibility for goods after more than 90 days.
- If your item is faulty then we will uplift the goods so you will not have to pay for postage to return the item.
- www.aboutliving.co.uk reserves the right to refuse to repair the goods where it is disproportionate and or not possible to do so. Save as precluded by law, we do not accept any liability for faulty goods about which we have not been notified within 90 days of the date of delivery.
- We will require you to explain clearly which item or items are faulty and we will refund the price you paid for the goods, or arrange for replacement goods to be sent to you.
- Please note that on some occasions we will ask for photographic evidence to process your request.
- Refunds can take up to 14 days to process.
- Please note that in the case of orders to international destinations it is our policy always to issue refunds, rather than sending replacement goods.
Mis-entered Delivery Details
If you have entered delivery details incorrectly, we will help you arrange re-delivery to the correct address at your own expense. If as a result of incorrect delivery details a parcel is returned to us by the Royal Mail or UPS, we can arrange re-delivery to the correct address for payment of a further standard shipping charge.
Click & Collect Service
- If you choose our collect in-store service, you must return unwanted or faulty goods to the store you collected the goods from within 14 days. If the item is not suitable, we will offer you a refund. Refunds can take up to 14 days to process. You cannot exchange with any items in store. The store team will take the goods and you will be contacted by the online customer service team regarding your return and refund.
- We naturally want you to be delighted with your personalised item. In the event that your personalised product arrives faulty, we we will send out a replacement or offer a refund for this order, including delivery.
- We regret that we cannot offer returns on unwanted items that have been personalised. This is in line with Long Distance Selling Regulations governing the sale of personalised products.
Payment and availability
All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information on to the system. The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered plus delivery.
You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
We reserve the right to change any advertised price before accepting an order. All products are in stock but if for unforseen circumstance we are unable to fulfill your order you will be offered an alternative or given a refund for the unavailable product(s).
Prices can be different online than in our store. The store and the website offer different promotions at different times of the year. Remember you can order online and collect in store to take advantage of offers on the website. Please contact our customer service team if you would like some more advice on any of our products.
Refusal of transaction
We reserve the right to withdraw any products from this website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this website. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from this website whether or not that product has been sold; removing or editing any materials or content on the website; refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
To be eligible to purchase products on this website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this website you must:
- Register by providing your real name, phone number, email address, payment details and other requested information.
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Stipulate a valid delivery address Please note that PO box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses are not acceptable.
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
By making an offer to buy a product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
All products have a photographic image, these are for reference only and should be considered illustrative. By submitting your order to us you are confirming that you are aware of this fact and do not consider this to be a problem with ordering that product.
Delivery charges are clearly displayed on the home page and again at the checkout. Please see the delivery information page for full details.
Payment can be made using options shown at checkout, through Sage Pay's secure gateway. Payment is subject to the gateway terms and conditions. Please note you can shop with confidence knowing that your card details will not be accessible to About Living as your details are encrypted and dealt with by Sage Pay.
The content of the Website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights. Copyright extends to the design of the website, all photographs on it and its marketing materials. Any use of the website or its contents, images, design including copying, storing, modifying, reproducing other than for personal non-commercial use without prior written permission is strictly prohibited. For any queries please contact email@example.com
The registered company address of Oli Olsen Ltd T/A www.aboutliving.co.uk is:
10 Carron Place
Kelvin Industrial Estate
Company registration number: SC296220
VAT registration number: 890 7922 83
Customer Service Telephone Number: 01355 227602
Customer Service Opening Hours: Monday - Friday (10.00am - 5.00pm)
Please note the above terms and conditions apply to orders placed on www.aboutliving.co.uk only.